Saturday, June 07, 2008

What a fun day!

Today was a car show at our church. They had bounce houses, carnival type games, a rock wall, free hot dogs, cotton candy and snow cones. We all had a great day looking at the cars playing games and Ean climbed the rock wall. After that, we ran a couple errands and visited Jim oldest brother and his wife, who just moved back into town. Now, all the boys are sleeping and I am planning for my night out with my husband.




We have gone through such a rough year and a half and next week will be my first official pay check on my new job (and boy did I need it). We are seeing light at the end of this very long and very dark tunnel. I wake up and thank God everyday now, and live everyday trying to be a better Christian, mom and wife. Man, it feels really GREAT! I know we have a long road ahead of us still, but trusting in God has made it so much easier to live through this and prepare for the journey ahead.


Last night was my "little" brother's (refer to the picture) high school graduation. I have never been to a graduation when the graduate was so close to NOT graduating, and we are all so thankful that he actually MADE it. I am not saying Cooper was incapable or dumb he just never applied himself and frankly hated school. It is just so great to know that is one thing he, my parents and I NEVER have to think about for him again.




The boys are doing great. While talking to my sister in law today she made me realize that if I am planning to put Ean in preschool I better start looking NOW. YIKES!!!! I hadn't really decided IF I want to put him in to preschool (since Kristen does such a good job) and it really dawned on me that if I do there are probably waiting lists for good ones, and which ones are the good ones, and how many days a week, and when do I start him, and...... ugghh.. what the heck??? Anyway, I guess as the cycle goes I will start looking and planning and seeing what is out there and what will be best for him.



Ben is getting some terrible two's things going on. He has always been so sweet and loving and now it's "you're not my friend mommy", "don't look at me mommy", "NO", "I don't like you", and the ever popular scream and door slam. I am really trying to give him tough consequences for those behaviors but it is a constant fight. Yuck!! And, man he is so darn cute, it breaks my heart when that little face tears up and he rubs those watery eyes; but then usually that is finished with a strong, heart felt, "NO", from him.




Well, I am going to finished cleaning up for the babysitter tonight and upload some pictures to Walgreens photo to have printed. Happy Weekend to all!!!!



For those moms wondering how in the heck do I get these shots, don't ask me, it's all about timing, attitudes and having that dang camera ready.

2 comments:

K A R I™ said...

My little cousins are ADORABLE!!!

TednLisa said...

I'm glad for the paycheck! I really like seeing your posts but I know your time is limited. The pictures are great.