Saturday, March 01, 2008

Some good days

I am feeling a lot better just a few snotty moments (literally).

I completed my first week of my newest adventure! I am so happy I found this wonderful treasure!!! It is a website called Menu 4 Moms, it is a website put together by a busy mom and you subscribe (free of course) to get a weekly menu of easy and fast dinners. The menu for every night includes the main dish a salad and side/vegetable and she spells out each night and recipe. Some of you more domesticated types probably do this all yourself, but I was not blessed with a knowledge of hundreds of dinner ideas so this is HUGE for me. She not only provides THAT but she also makes a complete shopping list of everything you need. It is not crazy stuff either, normal everyday stuff you have. I am SOOOO impressed with myself. I made a wonderful NEW dinner everynight this week. I also downloaded a computerized shopping list and it is UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I make a general list as the week progresses then add my few things to the weekly shopping list she provides (since it downloads into the program directly) and I am done. Oh, and also the shopping list software provides for pricing each item if you want so you know automatically if something is too expensive or on sale!!! OMG- I am soo excited!!! I can't wait to make whats on the menu next week.

I also bought a Chicken Soup for the Soul book for mom's- so that has helped my mood. Church is tomorrow and that will really help too. OH- also I got a bible, I haven't had my own bible in a LONG time so I am excited to take it to church!!

I would also like to announce we have declared victory in the potty training battle. Ben wore underwear all day the whole week. He has had one or two pee accidents each day but not too bad. He is still in diapers at night but we will be working on that next. All I can say is thank goodness!

Anyway- things are a lot better and Jim comes home tomorrow so that is ALWAYS nice!

2 comments:

K A R I™ said...

I am going to check out that site for sure! I always hate trying to come up with new dinner ideas and Curt is never any help. He just always says "whatever, I don't care" AHHHH!!!

Can I send Lucas to Cali to potty train? What is one more boy in your house ;-)

What kind of bible did you get? Oh and I've been wondering what type of church you guys are going too... but that is just because I am nosy and curious. LOL

Glad things are getting better there too!

Linda's World Today said...

I am really glad you are enjoying your acquisition of new culinary talents! I will check out the spot for the menus when I have a chance...but it sounds like fun and it should make shopping less expensive too...which we also need up here with food going sky high.

I can't be too whoo hoo or happy right now, just sent you news that our own 'babysitters' are flying the coop...just before our planned trip to Portland and then for me, on to California to see my little grandsons and bring the older one back home with me.

Not to mention the disappearance of that 'relief' here and there during the year. Feeling trapped and sick right about now. I sent you the letter to Vickie...am open to information about daycare for the Ancient One...

...but still wanted to write to let you know you are really a special and amazing person. I say so...and God says so...a little tattered and torn these days...but that is what makes us move closer to the guy who really cares...24/7...365.

I love you baby girl, see you soon!

Mom